Saturday, October 27, 2012

The one where he uploaded late

"Wasn't he supposed to update on Tuesdays and Fridays?" - Yes.

"Wasn't the 24 hour comic supposed to be done in 24 hours?" - Maybe

"Why do I keep coming back here?" - Because you love me?

"What's the progress on Coffee Bruin?" - I have concept sketches below!

"Is there any room left on the special October project?" - YES!


The 24 hour Comic Project:  Hour 148!

I've continued to put together this comic. The plot is developed and, work-projects not-withstanding, should be fully penciled by the end of the month.  Inking and coloring should begin middle of November.

Here are the pencil sketches of pages 15, 16, and 17

page 15 pencil

page 16 pencil

page 17 pencil
This project has been a lot of fun.  It's been so much fun, that I have developed another comic book plot.  This one is fully thumb-nailed out and I am working on the concept art. Not having a 24 hour deadline gives me time to build the art and edit (and edit and edit and edit and edit).  What is that comic?  Is it another violent and bloody homage to Quentin Tarantino and David Lynch?  No, actually it's more of Aesop's fables meets Mad magazine.  I'll work on it more after Appalachian Trail is finished AND I have a few more Coffee Bruin strips done.

Speaking of Coffee Bruin, here's that concept art I was talking about.

These characters are in various states of development and may or may not appear in the strip, or other projects.
  
Finally, if you want to do your own version of Bru, send it to me at Denis@CoffeeBruin.com with the subject "Fan Art".  I'll put it up in the next update.

While we're at it don't forget, all this month if you email me at  Denis@CoffeeBruin.com with the subject "Special Strip", I will include YOU in the strip.  I've had several people respond, but I still have a few spots left, so hurry!

More Con art, more pencils from Appalachian Trail, and other stuff to on Tuesday.  I'll see you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment