Sunday, October 7, 2012

Building the desk

I have such a busy life between two jobs, Toastmasters, an Aspie son, a daughter in college and being married for almost 20 years.  Finding time to put this project together has been tough!  However, with the support of my family, friends, and coworkers plus the encouragement of many of the people I admire in the Web Comics world, I am ready to take the plunge.

I have seen pictures of the studios of some of the cartoonists out there and frankly I am in awe.  I just don't have that kind of space.  But I have always tried to THINK SIDEWAYS.  What you see pictured below is a little innovation my wife and I developed to allow me to have more space on my desk and get to my supplies.


I put together 6 2" PVC Wye  adapters with 2" Push Caps.  They are attached with a little Velcro.  This gives me plenty of room for my sketching pencils, colored pencils, markers, and watercolor pencils.  Then on top I can put all of my small items like erasers, paper clips pencil sharpeners, etc.  Total cost, less than $17.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment