Tuesday, October 16, 2012

First, an update.  Work has been very busy, but the project my team has been working on finished today!  YES!  So now back to whatever normal is.  The 24 hour draw is this Saturday, and I'm getting ready for it.  I'm more concerned about plotting out quickly right now, so I've been practicing.  If this comes out good I'll publish it out here.

As I mentioned in the last post, I have been collecting sketches of the Coffee Bruin from several artists.  I thought I'd share some of them with you:

Two years ago, Jen Keith drew this at HeroesCon:
Pretty damn awesome, huh?  Check out more of her work at sensoria.jenerally.net.  Her comic is on hiatus, but her work is awesome!  Awesome?  Awesome like this:


This year at HeroesCon I met several more artists, including Madeline

Here are two pictures she drew, one for me, and one for my son!




One more set while I'm name dropping. How about Travis Surber?  I got to meet him at Intervention 2012. Here's his take:
Go check out his web comic, Hainted Holler.




I've also done some alternate versions as well, like my polar bear:


If you want to do your own version of Bru, send it to me at Denis@CoffeeBruin.com with the subject "Fan Art".  I'll put it up in the next update.

While we're at it don't forget, all this month if you email me at  Denis@CoffeeBruin.com with the subject "Special Strip", I will include YOU in the strip.  I've had several people respond, but I still have a few spots left, so hurry!

Check back for more in a few days...




No comments:

Post a Comment